It may not seem like a huge physical transformation, but what I've done to increase my strength, flexibility, energy and overall health has been life changing. Here are just some of the benefits I've enjoyed since adding fitness and healthy eating into my every day life.
1. I can keep up with my energetic 7 year old son. When he wants to go out and play, I can flip my focus on a dime and join him. I used to hesitate because I used to be so tired all of the time. Now I'm like, "Let's go!"
2. I enjoyed a glowing annual physical from my Primary Care Physician. No, I'm not talking about the kind of glowing physical like Trump received about stamina - Hahaha! I'm talking about actual cholesterol results. High cholesterol runs in my family and it sky rocketed for me after the birth of my son. This year my LDL and HDL levels are in the healthy range. I was on the verge of having been recommended medication to control it. Not now! My doctor was all smiles at the results :)
3. I used to hide in the back of group exercise classes because I was embarrassed about how I couldn't keep up with the class. Instead of giving up I decided to challenge myself to push through it. I told myself that the initial struggle would be temporary. The patience, work, and consistency paid off. I've grown strong enough to now lead group exercises classes as KUT (Kickboxers Ultimate Training) Instructor.
4. My skin is enjoying all of these healthy nutrients I'm feeding my body. It's not that I don't experience tiny break outs every now and then, but that's the point . . . it's only every now and then. I used to have break outs every month that would last for days. Ugh! I don't miss those days!
6. Increasing my flexibility has allowed me to move through my every day life with ease. Flexibility tends to deteriorate with age. I take out the trash, lift the grocery bags, vacuum the carpets, and pick up children with ease. I'm gaining mobility!
Deciding to be physical fit is not always about just changing the number on that scale. What I've listed are my rewards. It is my wealth. Focusing on transforming my lifestyle is what has created an impactful and positive change.
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn